Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Feelings of Isolation - Adapting Family Events

I am hearing from lots of folks who are feeling isolated right now. I so know what that feels like. I am working on an article about coming out of isolation and the need to create a community that works for your child and the whole family based on the procedures in Entertaining with Billy Ray and The Holidays with a Complex Child.

Today is Billy Ray’s birthday so we are trying to get things ready. There is still a part of me that hates the lack of perfection because I am a “perfectionist messie” but it is better to adapt to what works for us than to stay in the isolation of never entertaining. The need for coming out of isolation has superseded the need for perfection in our home.

I will try to get some pictures from Billy Ray’s party and post them tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to all.

Until next time,
Peggy Lou Morgan
Blogs: Amazon Author Connect, Lighthouse Parents and Parenting A Complex Special Needs Adult
Websites: Parenting Your Complex Child and Lighthouse Parents
Club Mom Articles
Parenting Your Complex Child Yahoo Group

No comments:

Post a Comment