Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Nice to Hear Your Comments

Apparently the picture of Keddie's client in his electric wheelchair peaked a lot of interest. Several people looked at older posts and made comments. My email server was ding donging a lot that I had comments.

While our children might share a common diagnosis such as Billy Ray's Down Syndrome, Autism, Bipolar, ADHD they are unique individuals. I can share about Billy Ray but your child or adult child may experience life differently. I believe that parent helping parent is the best education. I don't want this to be a one sided blog. Your comments help others.

I do feel that I have something to share with parents of younger complex children. However, the biggest goal is to encourage others to communicate and adapt. It is my hope on this blog, in Parenting Your Complex Child (AMACOM Books April 2006) and my websites to help parents figure out what works for their child as an individual. I don't expect you to do what I do for Billy Ray. I want to help you find what works for your child.

Talk to me. Tell me what is helpful in this blog and what isn't. If you have something to share about your child it will help others reading too.

I just have to share that one of the comments I got last night was from our granddaughter, Alena. My husband is at their house helping his son build an entertainment center for their television. He helped them find the post I did What I Learned from My Grandchildren. It was so special to me to get that comment.
This part is off today's topic but I just wanted to share that when I talked to my husband I was telling him that the evening before when Billy Ray was talking with granddaughter, Elora he was really responsive to whatever she was saying. He told me that she was asking him very specific questions about his recovery from surgery and if his pain was all gone, etc. Elora has this incredible ability to draw out things from Billy Ray that no one else, including his doctors can always do.The relationship between Billy Ray and his nieces and nephews makes such a difference in his life and ours.

Until tomorrow,
Peggy Lou
www.parentingyourcomplexchild.com
www.lighthouseparents.com

No comments:

Post a Comment