Friday, February 24, 2006

No T.G.I.F. for Parents with Complex Children

This morning I realized that T.G.I.F. (Thank God It’s Friday) no longer holds the same meaning for me.  We just came from the clinic where Billy Ray had lab work.  I heard some folks saying T.G.I.F.  I mused to myself that for me it is more like O.N.I.F. (Oh No It’s Friday).

We have help with Billy Ray weekdays.  The transition from having another person doing the routine things like brushing teeth and assisting with his bath or taking him for community activities is confusing to Billy Ray.  Each weekend we are asked “where’s Ronnie” about every five minutes. He cannot accept “it’s his day off”.

I enjoy having Billy Ray to myself on the weekends but they can be a bit exhausting.  If he is having a difficult time I am ready for T.G.I.M. (Thank God it’s Monday) when Ron returns to spell me for a few hours each day.

Until tomorrow,
Peggy Lou Morgan
www.parentingyourcomplexchild.com
www.lighthouseparents.com

No comments:

Post a Comment